I get asked on a daily basis from budding clients that know the power of the search engine, what can I do? Is there anything I can help with? Now, the usual answer is simple. “Client, don’t worry about this, if we saw the opportunity for you to help we would of asked or let you know , let us work our magic.” – It’s quite straight and sometimes isn’t taken so well, but I’ve had bad experiences.
One must learn from mistakes.
Back in late 2012 before I started SEO Silly(Jan 2013!) I had the same situe, where the client wanted to help out. Without my experience kicking in, I said “Sure, speak to everyone you know with a website, and ask them to let you throw an image on their page as recognition of friendship or something silly!”
– Well it didn’t end well, because one thing led to another and before I knew it, my client decided that it was backlinks he could with and managed to find 1,000,000 backlinks from the most atrocious link farm on a website similar to fiverr.com(This is a website were people work on ‘GIGS’ for $5). This website is fantastic for everything but SEO help or success!
So what do you do when you’re not a client of SEO Silly?
You really should be on-board with us but here are some simple tips.
A would suggest these simple steps;
• Find resource within your network(people with websites of good value or content), negotiate your links back from other sites.(See it’s getting tough already)
• Send across every detail you may think is SEO relevant to your contact at the SEO company you deal with.
• Produce and focus on website/content that is 100% user orientated.
• Consistently assess your analytics to ensure CRO is best possible
Apart from thee above, there really isn’t much you can do unless you have a good understanding and if your at this point you probably have a great team already working for as you’ve churned and burned many companies beforehand.
I suggest sitting back and letting your feet have a rest.